Gurkee'S Mens Neptune Sandal - Beige - Sz 10

Gurkee'S Mens Neptune Sandal - Beige - Sz 10These are nice sandals, I just now got them so I can't say much about how they handle wear and tear, etc, but what I can say is that you should follow the advice of some other reviewers, and buy one size larger. That's what I did, I wear a size 10 normally but I got a size 11 an they are perfect, even slightly snug but in a comfortable way. Any smaller would not have been good, so if you're looking at this because you normally wear a size 10, go get a size 11 instead.



These sandals definitely get noticed. My first day wearing them I got two compliments from girls.

They are comfy and quite light. I've walked over concrete, through water, and in the woods, and these sandals wear well. They are a little slippery on carpet or wood floors.

My only complaint is that I wear a 10 shoe and the 10 gurkee was wearable but too snug. I'd recommend ordering a size up from your shoe size.

Buy Gurkee'S Mens Neptune Sandal - Beige - Sz 10 Now



Very rarely do I try on footwear and immediately say, "Yes, they got it right." Such has been my experience with Vivo's, FiveFingers, the Chuck Taylor Slim's, and now with the Gurkee's rope sandals.

The Facts:Gurkee's are handmade from soft carpet fiber that is spun into rope. They are heat welded together to form a very strong bond and are guaranteed against breakage.The Neptunes are completely flat (no arch support), light weight (approx 4.9 oz/sandal), thin soled (between 1/4" and 1/2"), and very flexible.They are salt water and chlorine resistant and machine washable.The bottoms are made from the same durable polypropylene fiber and should they ever fray you can simply throw them in the washing machine, let them dry, singe the loose fibers with an open flame and they will weld back together good as new.It's recommended that this be done from time to time.They float!

The Pros:Gurkees feel like wearing nothing at all, save for the distinctive sensation of walking barefoot on a woven straw mat.The rope texture feels really pleasant on the soles of my feet, almost like getting a deep foot massage, but not at all abrasive or scratchy on the tops or bottoms of my feet.The rope footbed quickly conformed to the bottom of my feet, mainly compressing in the heel and forefoot area.Out of the box, they were a tiny bit stiff, but after wearing them a short time the ropes relaxed quite a bit.The soles bend up with my toes and can be folded nearly in half.Now they're very flexible!Walking the trails at the park I was astonished by the receptive ground feel. The Neptunes do an outstanding job of transmitting the profile of the terrain directly through the sole and I could feel every rock, pebble, root, stick, depression or outcropping underfoot. Forefoot walking, aka fox walking, in them is very natural and intuitive, unlike other sandals I've worn.The braided foot and heel straps do a very good job of keeping them fixed in place without feeling tight and the sandals don't drag behind, flop around or fall of.Rarely do they need tightened up.After five miles of rocky and gravelly terrain the bottoms were still looking new, only more compressed.Good ground traction outdoors and on carpet.They look pretty awesome too, especially if you're into hippiesque Jesus sandals.

The Cons:Slipping them on takes a moment the braided ropes on top initially require a little straightening out but this only takes a few extra seconds.If you walk on anything even remotely damp they will wick the moisture up like a Shamwow and hold it like a sponge.This is not a pleasant sensation and makes them much heavier.They take forever to dry out!They must be either hung up or machine dried or they will remain damp and start to smell like wet carpet.The traction isn't great on smooth surfaces like tile.

All in all these are the favorite sandals that I own and the only real drawback I've encountered is how easily they soak up water.As long as it's dry out though, there's nothing else I'd rather wear on my feet, other than nothing at all.

Read Best Reviews of Gurkee'S Mens Neptune Sandal - Beige - Sz 10 Here



My girls love this shoes but as soon as they get wet they are hard to walk in.They don't clean that well but if they do fray you can use a lighter to clean the edges (like Tevas.)Would buy again if they want them to wear in the summer.

Want Gurkee'S Mens Neptune Sandal - Beige - Sz 10 Discount?

Flashy way to live a simple life: These sandals get you noticed. Some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever blessed my feet with. Great for the summer. Wear them by the pool, at the beach, or any where you dare to venture (maybe not in rugged terrain). These sandals are great I will be buying a second pair when the time comes to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment