Eltamd UV Physical SPF 41, 85-Gram

Eltamd UV Physical SPF 41, 85-GramI thought I would let others know that as of today (3/28/12), the ingredients in this newer formulation do not match those listed on the website.They have taken out the retinyl palmitate (probably because of the fears that it is a dangerous substance in sunscreens, though I don't think there is a definitive consensus on that).But at least for me, this formulation is very drying to my skin, and, as others have mentioned, a bit hard to get off.I used it on my kids for a week and I could see their skin get drier and take on an "ashy" look (especially at the neck).Otherwise, it seems to work fine as a sunscreen.The tint is non-obtrusive.I think you will have to try for yourself to see if it works for you.FYI, the new ingredients (off the back of the box) are as follows:

Active: Zinc Oxide (9%), Titanium Dioxide(7%); Inactive:Alumina, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, iron oxide, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, linoleic acid, methicone, octyl stearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, oleth-3 phosphate, perfluoronyonyl dimethicone, phenoxyexthanol, polyacrylate 13/polyisobutene/polysorbate 20, purified water, quercetin, sodium hydroxide, thioctic acid (alpha lipoic acid), triethoxycaprylylsilane.



I have been searching for a sunscreen for my face that felt weightless and was also a physical block.It has a high safety and efficacy rating on the EWG (cosmeticdatabase.com) and was reccomended by a dermatologist for me.I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and this has not irritated it at all.The tint is so sheer, it works on several skin tones.I'm fair olive skinned and it blended perfectly, my sister has dark olive skin and it blended perfectly as well.Gives a light almost goldish healthy glow that looks great.Let it set in before you dress and it shoudln't get on your clothes.It is paraben free and even has retinol in it!

BUY IT!!! BUY IT!!! BUY IT!!!

Buy Eltamd UV Physical SPF 41, 85-Gram Now

Love this sunscreen.Feels weightless, has a nice light tint that allows me to go without makeup on casual summer pool/beach days and doesn't break me out.

And here's a little tip that can save you some $$ once you think the tube is empty cut it open and scoop out what's left inside.I get at least another week's worth by doing this.

Read Best Reviews of Eltamd UV Physical SPF 41, 85-Gram Here

I got a sample of this product at a spa and instantly was wowed. Enough that i shelled out for the full size deal.

Elta MD UV Physical SPF 41 is one of my top sunscreens because:

1) it's tinted with a good pigment level, saving you a valuable layering step in the moisturizer + foundation+ sunblock routine, and it's neutral in shade. I vary between MAC NC 15-30 and i can totally wear this as tinted moisturizer.

2) it's matte and oil-absorbent---even if you have dry flakes, it won't exacerbate them--i have retinol-treated skin which flakes like crazy, and this formula actually helps flakes ADHERE to the skin so you're not peeling like a monster midday. i have fresh-as-a-daisy skin even at 5pm.

3), it's long-wearing, most likely due to the absorbency.

4) it's zinc and titanium sunblock at spf 40! how much better can you get, esp. with all the furor over chemical sunblocks. Quite simply, it's a much better alternative to my previous HG of tinted spfs, MD Skincare by Dennis Gross.

Physical sunblocks are the way to go. I'll be wearing this all summer as my foundation + sunscreen.

Want Eltamd UV Physical SPF 41, 85-Gram Discount?

I wish I could give Elta MD's UV Phys SPF 41 10 stars!!!I have searched forever for a sunblock like this.I've tried Jan Marini, Neova Ti-Silc, Neurtogena, Anthelios--You name it, I've tried it.None of them hold a candle to this sunblock.First of all, the fact that there are no chemicals, make this wonderful for sensitive skin that is being treated with Retin-A, or other skin care products that make skin irritated/sensitive, but require that you use a daily sunscreen.I also suffer from Melasma that requires a physical block with high percentage of zinc oxide.This fits the bill there, too.It's tinted, which is a nice change from the chalky white associated with physical sunblocks.I have light olive-toned skin and it's almost like wearing a tinted moisturizer with a slight sheen. After applying it, i use a powder to "set" it and that's it.If you're on the fence about this, don't hesitate.You won't regret buying it.

Save 28% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment