Alba Botanica Very Emollient Sunscreen Sport Spray

Alba Botanica: Very Emollient Sunscreen Sport Spray SPF 40, 4 ozMy 2 sons have been asking me to find a spray on sunscreen for them.I have been trying to use sunscreen that has less harmful chemicals so it's been difficult to find a spray on one that's not too bad.I found this one on the ewg.org website and it was rated better than many other spray-ons so I decided to give it a shot.The boys were thrilled that I finally found something because it took forever to rub in the zinc oxide lotion I have been using!This bottle was smaller than I imagined (though 4oz would be small, right?!). I like that you can lock the sprayer so you don't accidentally spray it (especially good since we were traveling with it in our suitcase). There was little to no scent to this product.I tried it out on the kids skin before we went on vacation as my 9yr old has had reactions to some products (rash) but no problems here.The product sprays on easily and is easy to rub in (since its a lotion you do have to rub it in).Not very thick but not too thin that it drips all over before you rub it in.We were in the sunny Caribbean (quite pale as our summer tans had worn off in the cold of CT!).The boys were on waterslides, in pools, and in the ocean, and the water-proofness of this product is great.None of us burned at all on our vacation.I highly recommend this product.

This sunscreen seems to protect against sunburn just fine. It dries quickly and invisibly and doesn't feel oily. What prevented me from giving it 5 stars:

1. the spray isn't a nice fine mist like some of the sprays easily found at the drugstore. It's a mess. I just ended up spraying it into my hand and spreading it on that way. I'd prefer the nice fine mist but I'd rather have this because the nice fine mist I used (most recently banana boat sport spf 30) left me with a painful burn and scores much worse on the Environmental Working Group website (ewg.org) which rates the safety of sunscreens.

2. The texture isn't great it's liquidy but a bit thicker than the really nice sport sunscreens commonly found in the drugstore. Unfortunately, I haven't always been protected from a sunburn from those, and this seems healthier.

Buy Alba Botanica Very Emollient Sunscreen Sport Spray Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment